Friday, May 22, 2015

Loaded Macaroni Salad


Good morning!  Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite salads.  I was hesitant to blog this recipe because I have never made it the exact same way twice, but ultimately decided it was just too yummy not to include!  I am OBSESSED with the dressing in this salad.  You can definitely adjust this recipe to your tastes.  I use whatever veggies I have on hand that need to be used up!  I hope y’all enjoy it!  

Loaded Macaroni Salad
2 cups macaroni , measured dry then cooked al dente
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 small onion, or half of a large onion, diced (I leave out onion because my family doesn't  like it)
extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
For the dressing
Mayonnaise
Apple Cider Vinegar
Sugar
salt and pepper 
Directions
Prepare macaroni  and cook bacon while you are chopping your vegetables.  Drain macaroni VERY well.  Combine maaroni, bacon pieces, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumber, and onion.  Stir to combine.  Mix up your dressing in a separate bowl.  I did not include amounts for the dressing ingredients, because it is really a personal preference and best if you find the perfect balance for your own tastes.  Once you get the dressing right, stir it into your salad and give it a taste.  Adjust accordingly.  Once your salad is cool enough, add the cubed cheese.  Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.  ENJOY!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment