Friday, January 18, 2013

Valentine Strawberry Rice Krispie Cupcakes


Friday night I did a little experiment and made strawberry rice krispie treats in cupcake shapes with strawberry icing!







I melted one 10 oz package of strawberry marshmallows and 3 tablespoons of butter in a pot.



Meanwhile I measured out six cups of rice krispies and buttered my large muffin pan.



The strawberry marshmallows and better got REALLY pink!



I mixed in the rice krispies. It's hard to see in the photo, but the mixture took on some pink swirls.



I pressed the mixture into the cupcake tin. They formed very quickly and they were easy to get out.



Here they are ready for the icing.



You can make your favorite icing or even The Betty Crocker Fluffy icing would be nice and light.

They came out delicious! The rice krispie treats had a subtle strawberry taste, Kind of like a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. The strawberry icing enhanced the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment