Friday, February 14, 2014

Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake

Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake
This is the best coffee cake. I love it hot out of the oven, just delicious. It was not good timing when I took it out of the oven and my whole family ran off to be where they had to be for the day….wait…. you are leaving me home alone with this cake???? …oh they returned very quickly! This recipe calls for whole milk, but I only had half and half, it turned out perfect, light and buttery. This is a coffee cake, there isn’t coffee in the recipe, coffee cakes were originally eaten with coffee, but you can eat this cake anytime, just ask my family and my friends!
Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake
Ingredients
5 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup whole milk ( I used half and half)
2 cups blueberries (frozen)
Topping
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the creamed mixture until totally incorporated. Do not overbeat. Stir in blueberries until totally incorporated. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Pour in batter. In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients and cut together using two knives or a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake . Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment