Monday, December 31, 2012

The BEST Carmel Corn




This carmel corn is the best carmel corn you will EVER try. I used her recipe with a touch of a modification. I like more pop corn than carmel. It gets too sweet. It is seriously like eating pieces of heaven, as far as carmel corn goes.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 Cup Karo Syrup (Light)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Quarts air popped dry pop corn
Cooking spray

Preheat Oven to 200 degrees

1. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I actually cover my cookie sheet in tin foil for easy clean up).
2. Spread the pop corn across the cookie sheet and PICK OUT ALL OF THE SEEDS! (so important)
3. In a pot on the stove, combine butter, sugar, and syrup on high. Stir until boiling. Reduce heat to Med-High and boil forEXACTLY 5 minutes. Add Vanilla.
4. Drizzle over pop corn, stir, and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove pop corn from oven, mix the pop corn and carmel around replace in oven for another 15 minutes.
6. Repeat step 5 until carmel corn has been in the oven for an hour and has been mostly covered in carmel.
7. Allow it to cool, break apart, and serve.





Things you may want to know in advance:
1. I know the caramel mixture looks frightening delicious, but don't lick the spoon. It's hot. I know, I know. You're thinking "I'm not stupid, of course I won't lick the spoon." Just wait until you think about licking the spoon. You'll thank me.

2. This recipe tastes like Wethers Original in pop corn form.

3. I know baking soda helps the mixture spread. I know it spreads things more evenly. Don't use it. It also takes away from the lovely Werthers taste and makes it plain old carmel corn. The mixture won't get as crunchy and delicious if you add it.

4. Add peanuts for the last 15 minutes. Viola. Home made (and better than the original) Cracker Jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment