Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Three Ingredient Delicate Shortbread Cookies


This is my favourite shortbread cookie, and I always have the ingredients on hand. So simple to make and so delicious, it produces a very delicate shortbread that is sure to please."

Ingredients

    • 1 cup butter
    • 1 1/2 cups flour
    • 1/2 cup powder sugar



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Combine all ingredients and mix for a FULL 10 minutes.
  3. Yes, I said a full 10 minutes!
  4. Mixture will start out very dry and crumbly but will become batter like after the full 10 minutes.
  5. I like to use my stand mixer for this, but a hand mixer will do the trick if it is a strong one.
  6. Drop from teaspoons or a piping bag onto a cookie sheet, I find teaspoons work best.
  7. Decorate with maraschino cherries or sprinkles if you feel fancy.
  8. Bake for approx 15 minutes or until bottoms are very lightly brown.
  9. Watch that the tops don't turn brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment