Sunday, June 12, 2016

Piping Multicoloured Buttercream Swirls

Piping Multicoloured Buttercream Swirls

Let’s be honest…..kids LOVE colour!
Hec….Adults love colour!
But colour can get messy….so there is nothing better than a quick, easy and efficient way to pipe clean and colourful swirls.

I LOVE this method. You just need a bit of cellophane (saran wrap) and a piping bag and nozzle and you’re good to go.

I know….I know….you want to know why I don’t use loads of piping bags. Well first of all…that gets costly…but more importantly it gets very hard to pipe. Once you are up to 3 or 4 colours you just can’t get the pressure you need and your wrist will drop off! Try it if you want….but don’t come crying to me if you are missing a wrist and have sloppy swirls.
And whilst I’m getting all bossy on you…don’t go using a fancy, complicated buttercream if you haven’t piped before. Start with a simple basic recipe so you know what consistency works….there’s plenty of time to play with the big boys later.

So here’s how:

That’s it. Easy Peasy!
Have a go….show me what you make…..

No comments:

Post a Comment