Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Microwave Bread & Butter Pickles

I  always tell the story about when Bill and I were first married I placed on the grocery list some Bread & Butter Pickles...To my surprise, Bill brought home a loaf of Bread, a pound. of Butter, and his favorite Pickles...We laugh about this to this day (43 years later) 

I have always loved these pickles, and here is my favorite easy way of making them for you to Enjoy!!!

My Microwave Bread & Butter Pickles:

8  c.  cucumbers, sliced thin
1  c.  onions, sliced thin
2  c.  Sugar
1  c.  White Distilled Vinegar
2  tsp.  Salt
1  tsp.  Mustard Seeds
1/2  tsp.  Celery Seeds
1/2  tsp.  Turmeric

Mix all in a large microwavable bowl.   Microwave on High for 15-20 minutes.  Stir after each 5 minutes.  Cukes should be crisp and onions translucent.  TIME MAY VARY due to the microwave power.   Place in jars and store in refrigerator....

No comments:

Post a Comment