Monday, January 12, 2015

Freezer Cooking - Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken

pineapple chicken recipe for freezer cooking and crockpot slow cooker
Happy Freezer Cooking Friday!  Thankfully this week the recipe I tried out was delicious!  This slow cooker (aka: crockpot) freezer cooking recipe is about as easy as it can get.  You can throw these ingredients together in 10 minutes or less and have it stored in your freezer for a busy day – to cook in your crockpot.  The best of both worlds collide.
Now I’m going to be really honest with you.  When I heard about the idea of putting things into a bag to freeze to then dump into a crockpot, I was a bit skeptical.  I mean, the very essence of the crockpot is the fact that it’s so easy.  Would you need freezer cooking if you had your slow cooker ready to go?
I have since seen the light.
How many times have you gone to make a crockpot meal and didn’t have an ingredient you needed?  Am I the only one?  I love the fact that I can get all my ingredients out and make a few bags of meals ready to go to add to my crockpot.  The less thought that goes into dinner – the better.
Are you with me?
Pineapple Pulled Chicken over Rice Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need.
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
20 oz Can Large Pineapple Chunks
1 Cup of Pineapple Juice (I purchased the single serve pineapple juice cans from Dole)
1 Cup of White Sugar
1 cup of White Vinegar
3 tsp minced garlic
2 TB Soy Sauce
2 Gallon Size Ziploc Bags
Rice
Easiest way to not spill when filling frezer bags
It would really be easiest to make this with chicken breasts that are already frozen.  So, if you buy that big bag of frozen chicken breasts, this recipe is for you.  I, on the other hand, had the ones that were in the foam.  It was a bit more work to free them while frozen.  Live and learn.
When making a freezer cooking crockpot bag like these, I put the ziploc bags into a mixing bowl.  I am always spilling something.
Garlic and Pineapple with Chicken for Freezer Cooking Crockpot Meal
Add the garlic, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and pineapple chunks to the ziploc bag.
Frozen chicken freezer meal with crockpot or slow cooker
Then add your chicken whether it’s frozen or not.  Pour over the chicken with the pineapple juice.
There’s nothing really glamorous about this recipe but it’s SOOOO easy.  Once the bag is filled, place it into your freezer for up to 3 months.   I usually take out the ziploc bag the morning before I’m going to make it in the crockpot.
Shredded Pineapple Chicken Crockpot Meal
Put the entire contents into the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.  My chicken was completely frozen when I put it in the crockpot because that’s how I roll.  It turned out perfect!
About one hour before serving, shred the chicken and place it back into the crockpot.  This sweet recipe was a big hit!  Serve it over rice.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment