Monday, March 29, 2010

COD (Baccala)ALLA MARINARA

Years ago, while working with my friends at their fine Italian Restaurant, I had the opportunity of serving my Baccala' recipe. I was only in my early twenties then. I remember how all the patrons of the restaurant enjoyed this dish, and how happy it made me feel that they enjoyed my recipe served. A few years ago, the owners of this Restaurant came to stay at my country Inn and Resort. At breakfast one morning they told everyone at the table about how I use to make some great dishes for them to serve in their restaurant....They also always loved my homemade Italian cookie specialties....Great memories...Great times!!!!!!

COD (baccala') ALLA MARINARA:

Grease 1 1/2 qt. casserole
Wipe clean with clean damp cloth,
2 lbs. Cod Steaks, about 1-inch thick
Place cod in casserole and set aside.

Combine in saucepan
2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
1/4 cup pitted and chopped green olives
2 tablespooons capers
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon grated romano cheese (optional)
Bring to boiling and pour over cod in casserole

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 mins., or until the fish flakes when gently pierced with a fork.
Good served with a side of Angel Hair Pasta....

No comments:

Post a Comment